Camp Fire will soon be hiring for Day Camp.
KEEP AN EYE ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE!
We will announce the open hire period on Facebook
Our Promise is to provide opportunities for young people in our community to
find their spark, lift their voice, and discover who they are in a safe and fun environment.
Day Camp Counselors
Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
• Deliver activities and fun programs to campers set by Camp Fire Administrative staff.
• Ensure all members follow all required safety guidelines during day camp program hours.
• Attend required administrative meetings and training.
• Assist in the care of all facilities, vans, and equipment while on duty.
• Participate enthusiastically in all program activities, provide support, and maintain professional behavior to all staff and campers.
• Complete assigned duties as directed by the Camp Director, Executive Director, and Fleet and Maintenance Manager.
• Assist in behavior management for all campers in accordance with all policies and procedures set by Camp Fire North Texas.
• Provide safe transportation for all campers in accordance with Camp Fire North Texas policies and procedures.
• Care for assigned van and report any problems to the Camp Director and the Fleet and Maintenance Manager.
• Always maintain a clean and prepared work environment.
• Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Camp Director and/or the Executive Director.
• Provide ongoing program ideas to the Camp Director and administrative staff.
• Accept responsibilities and duties as a Camp Counselor driver and/or passenger for transportation of campers during day camp program hours.
Required Knowledge/ Skills/Abilities:
• Minimum of 18 years of age.
• Must have a genuine interest in working with and mentoring children in the Day Camp Program.
• Ability to handle pressure and maintain a professional attitude when working with children, coworkers, parents, and direct supervisors.
• Current CPR/First Aid Certifications (training to be provided) if applicable
• Must be able to accept supervision, direction, and guidance given by supervisors.
• Possess enthusiasm, integrity, patience, humor, self-control, and team player attributes.
• Must have a clean driving record and meet all requirements set by Camp Fire North Texas Insurance carriers.
• Ability to stretch, bend, stoop, lift, and walk on uneven terrain in a variety of environments and weather.
• Ability to implement and facilitate curriculum with participants of all ages.
• Must be available to attend meetings and training.
• Must pass all background checks and drug testing.
• Must have a clean driver’s record and the ability to be insured through Camp Fire.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is responsible for notifying Camp Fire North Texas of any medical issues that may interfere with the required duties listed above.first.
We are looking for positive and energetic people to join our team for our Day Camp Program.
Our mission is to build caring, confident youth and future leaders.